Welcome to Paleo Discoveries™
Check out Florida’s fossil history on our Fossil Hunting Tours!!
Call to Learn More: 772-539-7005 or email – fredmazza at paleodiscoveries dot com
Screen sift or snorkel in one of Florida’s shallow rivers or streams, find remains of ancient sharks, whales, dolphins, fish, saber-tooth cats, jaguars, mammoths, mastodons, camels, tapirs, horses, sloths, giant armadillos and much more. Join us and discover your own piece of history– one that you can actually hold in your hand! Unlike a fishing trip, you’ll always come home with something- these day trips are safe, fun and educational. Experience genuine Florida eco-tourism.
We offer canoe-based fossil hunting tours. These tours generally take place on the Peace River in the towns of Bowling Green, Wauchula, and Ft Meade and are approx. 1 hr east from Sarasota.
– Our tours are canoe-based trips to less collected areas, generally in or near the Wauchula area on the Peace River about an hour east from Sarasota.
– All tours are from 9:30-3:30 and available by reservation without a deposit necessary on weekends and weekdays all year. Feel free to suggest a day you have available via our email contact form or by calling (772)539-7005.
– Tours are $125ea for teens and adults, $90ea for kids age 12 and under. We can accept cash, check, Venmo or PayPal on the day of your tour.
– Wear shorts (or bathing suit), t-shirt and water shoes of some kind that are secure on your feet (closed type shoes are best). Bring lunch, change of clothes, towel and a dry bag or ziplock for valuables.
– We will supply canoes, life preservers and all necessary fossil hunting gear.
Our purpose is to educate and create a sense of appreciation for Florida’s paleontological history. Programs strive to be both fun and educational. Question and answer sessions to further explore related topics in geology and archaeology are always encouraged. [Learn More]
Fossils, display materials, shirts, books and more. Many of the products featured on our online store are available during our tours- just ask! How about a gift certificate for someone special? [Visit Fossil Store Now]
Click icons to see and share on our Social Pages